For over 25 years, we served children and families in the greater OKC area as Mid-Del Christian School. Thousands of students have walked the halls of our school, learning to read, write, and think critically in an atmosphere of loving discipline not often found today. In 2006 our name changed to Destiny Christian School.
While our world today changes rapidly and Destiny changes to expand our campus, enhance academic excellence, and empower students to be successful in every area of life, our foundation of Biblical truth has not changed. At DCS, we believe in learning beyond books, loving beyond words, and living beyond tomorrow. Our ultimate goal is to help each individual find God’s very best plan for their life and future.
Why Christian Education?
You may wonder why it is important to choose a Christian education for your child over the other educational choices available today. There are vital differences between a Christian education and one that is not founded upon the Bible and Christian principles. All truth is God's truth, and God's Word sheds light on our path. Christian education is not focused on possibilities but on certainties found in God's Word. The three key institutions that shape a child are the home, the church and the school. Children are served best when all three institutions point them in the same direction. Only an education that has the liberty to address the whole child -- social, intellectual, emotional, physical AND spiritual -- reaches for true excellence.
What we offer...
- Your children can attend the same school from early childhood through senior graduation.
- Fully accredited through ACTS and OPSAC, accrediting organizations recognized by the State of Oklahoma, as well as North Central, a national accrediting organization.
- Working on a brand new facility that will include science, technology, and specialized learning labs, fine arts classrooms, and library/media center. Large gymnasium complex completed in 2009.
- Faculty professionally trained, certified, and degreed to teach at their grade level.
- Traditional classrooms that stimulate active learning and critical thinking.
- Special academic programs to challenge gifted students and help students with special needs.
- State of the art technology infrastructure and computer training that keeps pace with today’s digital world and tomorrow’s work force.
- Fine arts program includes visual arts, dramatic arts, music and band.
- A physical education program beginning in the elementary grades and team sports competing in baseball, basketball, cheerleading, football, golf, softball, track, and volleyball.
- Lunch program with meals available daily at a reasonable price.
- Interdenominational with an emphasis on fundamental Biblical principles, developing a Christian worldview and Christian character.