Jim & Dianna Howard came to Oklahoma City in 1982, called by Rev. Dale Gentry to be principal of the school in the second year of its existence. Since that time they have led Destiny Christian School to grow from around 80 students to nearly 600 students in 2015. They also meet and consult with many Christian schools across the United States, sharing their wisdom and years of experience to help others. Jim Howard is the head administrator of Destiny Christian School and Dianna Howard is the business administrator of the school.
Several years ago, the Howards determined that a team approach to leadership was best to provide a solid foundation of oversight for the growth and expansion of a Christian school. It has proven to be a pivotal structural move, for as other Christian schools are struggling or closing Destiny endures, with an administrative leadership team that shares many years of relationship and experience in Christian education.
Jim Howard - Administrator (35 years)
Dianna Howard - Business Administrator (35 years)
Pat Watkins - Executive Assistant (30 years)
Lori Hamel - 5th-12th Grade Supervisor/Guidance Counselor (8 years)
Chris Hamel - Athletic Director/Facilities Director (28 years)
Sharon Grady - Early Childhood/Early Elementary Supervisor (32 years)
The faculty and staff is the heart of Destiny Christian School, forming the core that will inspire, nurture and instruct students to meet the challenging years ahead. They are highly trained and qualified individuals determined to instill a love for learning as well as the ability and desire to continue learning in every child.
- Shirlene Lewis – K3 (24 years)
- Shelley Kehl – K3 (20 years)
- Arleigh Barnes - K4 (10 years)
- Dana Traywick - K4 (9 years)
- Lisa Nunes – K5 (13 years)
- Michele Hardy - K5 (2nd year)
- Dawn Boyes – 1st Grade (3 years)
- Cynthia French – 1st Grade (16 years)
- Audrey Weaver - 1st Grade (2 years)
- Karen Cruise – 2nd Grade (22 years )
- Angelyn Bryant - 2nd Grade (2nd year)
- Erica Benson - 3rd Grade(5 years)
- Kimberly McGee– 3rd Grade (4 years)
- Shavonya Coleman – 4th Grade (4 years)
- Jan Jouel - 4th Grade ( years)
- Kristal Lewis - 5th Grade (24 years)
- Teressa Foster – 6th Grade (19 years)
- April Owens - 6th Grade (4 years)
- Ron Cruise – P .E. (15 years)
- Kelly Poss – Elementary Music, Band (2nd year)
- Janet Cornsilk - 7th Grade Sponsor, Bible, English, Science/Cheer/JH Volleyball (10 years)
- Tracy Fisher - Librarian (2ndyear)
- Linda Poetter – 9th Grade Sponsor, Art (30 years)
- Jamin Jones - PE/Coaching (1st year)
- Joe Biddle - Math, Coaching (6 years)
- Lori Sanderson – 7th Grade Sponsor, Drama, Science, English (11 years)
- Kate Walley - 8th Grade Sponsor, History, Elementary Keyboarding (3 years)
- Brooke Taron – Yearbook, StuCo, Science, Coaching (11 years)
- Zachary Low - English (6 years)
- Cathy Henning - 8th Grade Sponsor, Bible, Spanish (12 years)
- Leo Allard - 10th Grade Sponsor, Civics, Personal Finance, Math (7 years)
- Marla Houck - Science, Keyboarding, Family Living (2nd year)
- John Youell - 11th Grade Sponsor, Government, Truth Project (2nd year)
- Samaya Brown - Math (2ndyear)
- Molly Price - Assistant Athletic Director (17 years)
- Tena Holmes - Administrative Assistant, Fundraising (9 years)
- Lisa Russell - Receptionist (12 years)
- Gussie Miller - Accounts Receivable (11 years)
- Lora Mathews - Supervisor of Curriculum & Testing (years)
- Pauline Ditto - Bookkeeper (34 years)
- Shandra Youell - Administrative Assistant (1 year)
Interested in a teaching position at Destiny Christian School? Download the teacher application form and submit it to the school, along with your teaching credentials. We would love to visit with you about future employment.
Mission & Vision
Since the 1960's, parents across America have voiced their desire for an education that will train their children academically and morally. They know there will be a cost, but the dividends will be worth it. The next generation can be different if Christians train their children to follow God.
It was in response to this need that Mid-Del Christian School was established in 1981. The vision of Destiny Christian School is truth-centered education for God-given destiny. We are committed to partnering with parents to train, prepare, and equip young people who will make a difference in their world.
In an environment of strong academics and loving discipline, students will have the best opportunity to prepare for life, whether as a minister, nurse, technician, educator, homemaker, or business person.
We realize the solemn responsibility under God to carry out this vision. We are accountable to God, a higher authority than any man made government. We welcome the opportunity to assist you, the parents, in training the next generation.
Jim Howard, Administrator
Biblical truth– in principle and application – and full devotion to Christ is our central mission. (II Timothy 3:16-17; I Kings 9:4)
Relationships that are based on nurturing and accountability – people matter to God, therefore they matter to us. (Luke 15; Hebrews 10:24-25)
Excellence and professionalism in all we do honors God and inspires people. (Philippians 4:8; Colossians 3:17)
Endurance and durability– we believe in the great value of a Christian education and we are established and rooted – we will be here tomorrow. (Isaiah 54; Philippians 1:6)
Diversity – everyone is a unique gift of God, so we are committed to helping everyone be the very best they can be. (I Corinthians 12; Romans 12:48; Ephesians 4:15-16)